Booking a holiday in term time? Click here for an explanation of what is included as an 'exceptional circumstance'.
Wroughton Primary Federation recognises that punctual and regular school attendance are central to raising standards in education and contributes significantly to pupil’s progress. Absence from lessons can result in children falling behind in their learning and may also put their safety at risk. Children with regular poor attendance are vulnerable and more likely to underachieve in both primary and secondary school.
Wroughton Primary Federation promotes 100 % school attendance and punctuality for every child. We are committed to equal opportunities and we support pupils and their families in achieving this goal. We want all our pupils and their families to feel valued and welcome.
The Admissions and Attendance Manager will use every opportunity to convey to pupils and their parents or carers, the importance of regular and punctual attendance.
Regular and punctual attendance at school is both a legal requirement and an essential component of our safeguarding practice.
Our Attendance Policy reflects our statutory responsibilities.
Our Overall Aims
- using rewards and incentives
- communicate our policy to all stakeholders
- monitor,record and use robust data analysis to identify poor attendance and punctuality
- work with families to identify barriers, cause of poor attendance and agree solutions
- liase with external agencies to support families
- raise standards and ensure that every child reaches their full potential
- ensure that every child is safe and their right to an education is protected